The State Home Care (SHC) Program provides a wide variety of in-home services to eligible elders age 60 and over who need assistance so they may continue to live independently at home.
Start by calling Tri-Valley’s Information & Resource Department so that we may assist you in exploring what services may be appropriate for you.
If a referral is made for State Home Care services, a Care Manager will come to your home to talk with you about your needs and abilities. During the home visit the care manager will determine your eligibility and work with you to develop a care plan that best meets your needs. The goal of the plan is to support your desire to stay at home and independent by choosing the amount of services that will compliment your abilities. We can only provide assistance with the tasks you can no longer do.
Services are also offered to caregivers who need respite from their daily caregiving tasks. People under the age of 60 with a documented diagnosis of Alzheimer’s Disease also qualify for respite to their caregiver under the State Home Care Program.
Services that may be included in a care plan are:
- Homemaking: light housework, shopping and laundry.
- Personal Care: hands on assistance with bathing, grooming, walking
- Home Health Services
- Chore: heavier house cleaning
- Supportive Day Care
- Adult Day Health
- Dementia Day Care
- Medical Transportation
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Counseling
- Meal Preparation
- Home-Delivered Meals
- Money Management Assistance
- Companions or Telephone Reassurance
- Personal Emergency Response Systems
- Medication Dispensing Systems
- Safe Return
- Supportive Home Care Aide
- Consumer Directed Care
- Habilitation Therapy
- Massachusetts Assistive Technology Loan Program
Our staff will provide:
- Interdisciplinary Care Management by a nurse and social worker
- Benefits Screening
- Nutrition Screening
- Assistance with Applications for Benefits
- Information regarding Community Resources
Many costs are paid for by the state through the Executive Office of Elder Affairs. Additionally, co-payments for services may be assessed and are determined on a sliding fee scale.